Friday, April 24, 2015

Reflection: Journal Post 14

This is the final post of the semester and I can say that I am very pleased with my work throughout the semester. I feel that I've become more comfortable with the topic of cell and molecular biology but also know that there is a world of information that continues to grow. Overall, the topic was quite difficult due to the millions of functions and parts to a cell.
With that being said, the class allowed me to appreciate the human body so much more. We wake up in the morning and prepare for our days and try to endure whatever it throws at us. We go to sleep at night feeling exhausted and often times glad the day is over. We stay up for roughly 16 hours in a day and feel like life can be too much sometimes. What we don't realize is that while we are factories filled with infinite workers who do not rest. They work and work and do their jobs wonderfully in order for us to wake up and do what the day needs of us. Its incredible that while we are a single being, we are made up and filled with cells that have purpose and function of their own. As I type this, new cells are regenerating and signals are being sent all throughout my body. Careful cells from my brain send signals through pathways that make it my fingers, which made it possible to type this very sentence.
Taking this class has allowed me to appreciate the hard work our Creator has done. He was so precise and meticulous in his work and it is mirrored in the very cells inside of us. I have become so much more appreciative of what I am and what I am made of--literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment