Recently, I came across a short article that spoke about functional differences in cells that have similar genotypes. I already knew that cells have multiple functions and perform in the roles they need to when the environment is correct. It is possible for cells with similar genotypes to behave in different ways. Because this is something that can occur with cells, it makes research on cells more difficult when it comes to studying them. This is especially true for cancer research when studying tumors and the way they behave within the body.
I feel that in knowing this information, I have an idea of how prepared I need to be for my career. I plan to become a surgeon so dealing with tumors and cancerous cells may be something that will happen frequently. One must always understand what their dealing with and be prepared for whatever situation comes up. It is important to know how the "enemy" behaves because it allows me to be ready for whatever approach I need to take.
No comments:
Post a Comment