The last few weeks in lab have been focusing on PCR and on discovering if certain products were genetically modified. Such an investigation caused me to become more interested in the food around me. I went grocery shopping the other day at my local Trader Joes and Costco. It hadn't really occurred to me to check if some foods were GMO until this investigation. I read through many of the products I purchased at Trader Joe's and was pleased with the amount of organic foods. I then ventured to Costco and went on the same journey. I was pleasantly surprised with how many of the products they have were not genetically modified although the majority were. It was just a different experience to realize how much genetics are important and how they can affect us everyday.
Another realization I had is how much I love experimentation. Of course I should. I am a science major. But I have such a love for learning new things and finding out the truth for myself. It is so rewarding to know something because you yourself took the steps and time to make the discovery.
I enjoyed the lab conducted these past few weeks and look forward to the weeks coming.
Another realization I had is how much I love experimentation. Of course I should. I am a science major. But I have such a love for learning new things and finding out the truth for myself. It is so rewarding to know something because you yourself took the steps and time to make the discovery.
I enjoyed the lab conducted these past few weeks and look forward to the weeks coming.
No comments:
Post a Comment