Friday, February 13, 2015

Dictionary: Journal Post 5


This is week in class focused on COP I, COP II, and Clathrin. These are types of vesicle coat proteins which transport proteins from the rough Endoplasmic Reticulum to the Golgi apparatus.

COP I-
This protein transports from the Golgi to the ER.
This consists of ARF-1 and the coat protein present is coatomer. These components polymerize into a cage like structure which breaks down the membrane to a bud.

COP II-
This protein works opposite the way COP I works. It moves from the ER to the Golgi.
This consists of  protein dimers Sar-1 , Sec 23/24, and Sec 13/31 as coat proteins.

Clathrin-
This protein transport to various places from the Golgi. Pathways include from the Golgi to lysosomes, Golgi to endosomes, and Golgi to plasma membranes.
Coat proteins for include, ARF-1 and Clathrin.

The following images help illustrate the paths each protein takes as well as their structures.

 

For more useful information about how vesicle proteins work and helpful animations, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment