Friday, March 27, 2015

Reflection: Journal Post 10

The semester is winding down! These points in the semester usually feel like a weight is slowly but surely being lifted off my shoulders. This year, however, feels different. I can feel the world pushing down on me as a reminder that my college years are coming to a close.

Taking Cell and Molecular Biology has opened my eyes to a completely different side of biology. A cell has so many functions and contains small individual pieces within it that also have many functions. I seek a profession in medicine as a surgeon and want to be the best surgeon I can be. I want to make the most of my education and while I may slack off sometimes, my intentions are good and my mind is in the right place. When I first started the class, the concept was so specific and felt that I wouldn't like the class because of this. It wasn't until recently--unfortunately--that I became more focused and determined in this class.

My biggest realization these past couple weeks has been that the path I've chosen is no cake walk. Of course, I already knew that but I realized the depth of the entire image. There are so many little pieces that could affect the way I treat a patient as a medical professional. The same dedication and focus I put into my work now has to remain constant for the rest of my studies and career as a medical professional. 

I don't know how this class will end for me (even though I'm hoping for a decent grade.) I do know that this is the time for my determination and hard work to kick it up a few notches. I'm ready to love what I do and give it my all.


No comments:

Post a Comment